Bills Signed Into Law
The governor has signed the following bills:
April 17, 2015
- Senate File 451: An act relating to the transfer of jurisdiction from the Juvenile Court to the District Court related to a child in need of assistance case.
- Senate File 435: An act relating to public access to data processing software under Iowa’s Open Records Law.
- Senate File 276: An act relating to the administration of medical licenses by the Board of Medicine.
- Senate File 264: An act relating to access to local exchange service information.
- Senate File 222: An act relating to the disposition of seized firearms or ammunition.
- Senate File 218: An act relating to the operation of a snowmobile within the right-of-way of an interstate highway or freeway and including penalty provisions.
- Senate File 201: An act relating to the findings of an examining physician assistant for a person believed to be seriously mentally impaired in an emergency situation.
- Senate File 200: An act relating to the employment and duties of the executive director of the Dental Board.
- Senate File 155: An act relating to the illumination of rear registration plates on dump trucks and construction vehicles.
- House File 563: An act relating to vehicle recyclers, including the transfer of motor vehicles to vehicle recyclers and compliance with the national motor vehicle title information system, making penalties applicable, and including effective date provisions.
- House File 529: An act relating to drainage and levee districts, by providing for mergers, repairs and improvements, and elections.
- House File 515: An act relating to the use of the district management levy and including applicability provisions.
- House File 467: An act relating to violations of deer and wild turkey harvest reporting requirements and including penalty provisions.
- House File 421: An act relating to the qualifications for community college career and technical education instructors.
- House File 259: An act relating to certain persons who are excluded from coverage under the Workers’ Compensation Law of this state.
- House File 258: An act relating to sexual misconduct with offenders and juveniles, and providing penalties.
- House File 172: An act relating to corporations’ powers and duties, document filings, meetings, mergers, voting procedures, and the functions of directors and officers.
- House File 146: An act concerning gambling game prohibited activities and making penalties applicable.
April 14, 2015
- Senate File 426: : An Act relating to privileged communications between health care provider or health facility and a patient following an adverse health care incident.
- Senate File 267: An Act relating to privileged communications between certain peer support group counselors and officers.
- House File 488: : An Act relating to the programs of the Iowa commission on volunteer service by establishing an Iowa reading corps and specifying uses of funds.
April 08, 2015
- Senate File 392: an Act relating to hunter education license requirements, providing for a hunting license with an apprentice hunter designation, and including penalty provisions.
- Senate File 217: an Act concerning Iowa Finance Authority duties regarding the title guaranty board and the shelter assistance fund.
- House File 536: an Act relating to statutory corrections which may adjust language to reflect current practices, insert earlier omissions, delete redundancies and inaccuracies, delete temporary language, resolve inconsistencies and conflicts, update ongoing provisions, or remove ambiguities, and including effective date and retroactive applicability provisions.
- House File 535: an Act relating to non-substantive code corrections.
- House File 496: an Act establishing certain privileges claimed for or by military victim advocates.
- House File 455: an Act requiring the submission of a corporate governance annual disclosure to the commissioner of insurance by certain insurers of insurance groups, and including penalties and applicability date provisions.
April 02, 2015
- House File 395: an Act relating to the regulation of pharmacy benefits managers and including effective date provisions.
April 01, 2015
- House File 570: Act providing for an exemption from municipal tort liability for claims arising from recreational activities on municipality-controlled property.
March 31, 2015
- Senate File 440: an Act relating to interstate contracts for substance abuse and mental health care and treatment.
- Senate File 323: an Act concerning lottery games and revenue for support of veterans.
- Senate File 223: an Act relating to support of the poor by certain relatives.
- Senate File 198: an Act relating to the regulation of certified public accountants and certified public accounting firms.
- Senate File 150: an Act increasing the criminal penalty for a sexually violent predator who escapes or attempts to escape from custody.
- Senate File 134: an Act concerning bonding requirements for a wine direct shipper license.
- Senate File 131: an Act relating to information the Board of Educational Examiners is required to review regarding applicants for license renewal.
- Senate File 130: an Act making changes to certain limitations within the National Guard Educational Assistance Program.
- House File 445: an Act relating to payment of costs for educational services for children residing in certain psychiatric hospitals or institutions.
- House File 372: an Act relating to court appointed special advocates and the confidentiality of information regarding a child receiving foster care.
- House File 371: an Act relating to allowable disclosures of radon testing results.
- House File 266: an Act regarding disposal of yard waste in landfills operating a methane collection system.
- House File 202: an Act relating to licensure of retired volunteer dentists and dental hygienists.
- House File 131: an Act concerning the definition of beer for purposes of beer brewers and wholesalers.
March 05, 2015
- Senate File 173: an Act relating to school district property tax replacement payments and including effective date provisions.
- House File 205: an Act modifying reporting requirements relating to veterans attending postsecondary educational institutions.
- House File 167: an Act concerning access to documents during the competitive bidding process for public improvement contracts.
- House File 166: an Act relating to the disabled veteran homestead tax credit by modifying eligibility criteria and including effective date and retroactive applicability provisions.
- House File 159: an Act relating to the administration of combined guardianship and conservatorship proceedings.
- House File 123: an Act making a statutory correction to remove an inconsistency regarding the employment of the executive director of the Board of Educational Examiners.
February 25, 2015
- Senate File 257: an Act relating to transportation funding by limiting the term of indebtedness for certain county projects, modifying certain permit fees, modifying the rate of the excise taxes on motor fuel and certain special fuel, establishing a fuel distribution percentage formula for certain special fuel used in motor vehicles, requiring legislative review of the fuel distribution percentage formulas, extending the repeal date of the Access Iowa Highway Plan, and including effective date provisions.
February 17, 2015
- Senate File 126: An Act updating the code references to the internal revenue code and decoupling from certain federal bonus depreciation provisions, and including effective date and retroactive applicability provisions.