EXECUTIVE COUNCIL OF IOWA AGENDA
State Capitol - Robert D. Ray Conference Room (G09) 10:00 a.m.
January 12, 2015
- Approval of minutes of meeting held December 22, 2014
- Outside Counsel – Page
TAB # 1
- Emergency Allocations – Page 1
- Payment of Cost Items – Page 1
- Outside Counsel
- The Department of Justice, Attorney General’s office requests retention of outside counsel pursuant to Iowa Code section 13.3(1) in Annette Henning v. Department of Transportation, State of Iowa and Second Injury Fund of Iowa, a workers’ compensation case filed by a state employee.
Firm: Patterson Law Firm, L.L.P.
Attorney: Ryan Clark
505 5th Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Rate: $120.00 per hour
TAB # 1
- Emergency Allocations
- Department of Natural Resources is requesting an emergency allocation in the amount of $139,609.50. On June 3, 2014 a storm caused damage at Wilson Island State Recreation Area. Request is to cover repair costs.
The State Auditor’s Office has reviewed this request and recommends allocation, subject to audit of actual invoices.
- Department of Human Services is requesting an emergency allocation and payment in the amount of $34,211.03. On November 27, 2013 the tunnel collapsed at the Glenwood Resource Center due to weight of dirt and sidewalk repair work in the vicinity. Request is to cover repair costs.
The State Auditor’s Office has reviewed this request and recommends allocation and payment.
- Payment of Cost Items
- Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC………………………...…$20,474.54
115 Third Street SE, Suite 1200
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Tobacco Settlement Authority
Jeffrey S. Thompson, Solicitor General, has reviewed this invoice and recommends payment. Payment will be made from the funds of the Tobacco Settlement Authority.
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP…….……………………………….…. $1,710.00
One North Wacker Drive, Suite 4400
Chicago, IL 60606
Peregrine Financial Group (PFG) Bankruptcy
Jeffrey S. Thompson, Solicitor General, has reviewed invoices and recommends payment. Payment will be made by UNI.