EXECUTIVE COUNCIL OF IOWA AGENDA
State Capitol - Robert D. Ray Conference Room (G09) 10:00 a.m.
March 27, 2017
- Approval of minutes of meeting held March 20, 2017
- Conveyance of Property – Page 1
TAB # 1
- Outside Counsel – Page 1
TAB # 2
- Emergency Allocations – Page 1
- Payment of Cost Items – Page 1
- Transfer of Property
A.Request from Department of Public Defense, Iowa National Guard to approve land patent transfer of property to the City of Algona.
TAB # 1
- Outside Counsel
- The Department of Justice, Attorney General’s office requests retention of outside counsel pursuant to Iowa Code section 13.3(1) in Wenxin Liu vs. Iowa Department of Natural Resources, State of Iowa and Second Injury Fund of Iowa, a workers’ compensation case filed by a state employee.
Firm: Patterson Law Firm, L.L.P.
Attorney: Ryan Clark
505 5th Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Rate: $120.00 per hour
TAB # 2
- Emergency Allocations
- Iowa Communications Network is requesting an emergency allocation in the amount of $4,000.36. On January 15, 2017, ICN sustained cable damage due to ice compression at Allamakee County Courthouse in Waukon. Request is to cover repair costs.
The State Auditor’s Office has reviewed this request and recommends allocation, subject to audit of actual invoices and supporting documentation and demonstration that no costs covered by the maintenance contract have been included.
- Department of Natural Resources is requesting an emergency allocation in the amount of $17,587.51. On September 22, 2016 George Wyth State Park sustained flood damage. This request is to cover the State’s share of the damages not covered by FEMA.
The State Auditor’s Office has reviewed this request and recommends allocation, subject to audit of actual invoices.
- Payment of Cost Items
A.Barnes & Thornburg LLP…….……………………………..………. $237.50
Chicago, IL 60606
Peregrine Financial Group (PFG) Bankruptcy
Jeffrey Thompson, Solicitor General, has reviewed this invoice and recommends payment. Payment will be made by UNI.