To ensure Iowans have access to testing during the holidays, Test Iowa’s five state-operated drive-thru sites and the State Hygienic Lab will be closed only on Friday, Dec. 25, for Christmas Day and Friday, Jan. 1, for New Year’s Day. The sites include:
- Black Hawk County — 4121 Alexandra Drive, Waterloo
- Linn County — Windstar Lines, 5755 Willow Creek Drive SW, Cedar Rapids
- Polk County — 4475 NE 3rd Street, Des Moines
- Pottawattamie County — 3236 Nebraska Ave., Council Bluffs
- Scott County — North Park Mall, 320 W. Kimberly Road, Davenport
Sites will be open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, except for the Council Bluffs site, which will close at 2 p.m. The early closure allows time for test samples to be transported to the lab for processing overnight, so that results can be reported in a timely manner.
The State Hygienic Lab will reopen on the Saturday, Dec. 26 and Jan. 2, and resume test processing. The five drive-thru sites will reopen for testing as usual on Monday, Dec. 28 and Jan. 4, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Individuals who wish to be tested at any site must first complete an online assessment at testiowa.com and schedule an appointment. Locations and hours of operation for all test sites can be found at testiowa.com or coronavirus.iowa.gov.